How to clone the Oracle Client Software

Cloning of Oracle Client:

1. Tar the Oracle Client home from the source server.
tar -cvf file_name.tar product

2. scp the tar file to the new server

3. Untar the file at the location from where we want like the same directory path like the source server. tar -xvf file_name.tar

4. Now start the cloning.

export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0
export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH:
$ORACLE_HOME/oui/bin/runInstaller -silent -clone ORACLE_BASE="/opt/oracle/" ORACLE_HOME="/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0" ORACLE_HOME_NAME="Oracle11201_client" -invPtrLoc="/opt/projects/oracle/oraInventory"


Note: The above command need to run in single line.

Useful DOC IDs:
  • Master Note For Oracle Database Client Installation (Doc ID 1157463.1)
  • Install / Deinstall / Cloning Assistant: Oracle Database / Client (Doc ID 1555012.2)

3 comments:

  1. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. perfect for scheduling clients

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. bookmetoday.com

    ReplyDelete